Monday, June 20, 2005

Perfect

C called me today. He just got back from Fiji and called me on his way home from the airport. I miss him. He likes to think we're perfect for each other because we are polar opposites. He said that to me today. Perfect. Us?!? We're like... poster children for how relationships should not work. Distance and absence make fools of us because the memories become blurred and we tend to want to fill in the gaps, and more often than not we fill them with shiny, happy memories as we've blocked the bad ones out already. I think we are weird together. And apart. I don't know that I'll ever see him again. He's not yet done with med school and who knows where he'll end up for his residency. What strikes me is the noticeable change he's undergone over the past year. I feel that he has become notably different. Perhaps he is simply the longest lasting of my many ex hangups and I am just imagining things to justify holding on; I don't know. But I like to think that people can change, that boys mature into men, and that eventually, we all receive the kind of love we deserve...

No comments: