Sunday, June 19, 2005

Old flame

Is it possible to love a man you once knew, long after you knew him? There is a man I have not been able to let go of. I never loved him, at least not to my knowledge. In fact, more often than not, I loathed and adored him all at once. I thought to myself that I could do better, that I deserved better, but now I question, not the fact that I deserve better (as that is set in stone), but whether or not he can be better. Is it just false hope? Or are we capable of changing significantly within the span of a few short years to merit second, third, and even fourth chances?

I like to think that there is hope, though I'm leery and scared and skeptical and not entirely convinced. Such is the fate of the hopeless (and subsequently, helpless) romantic.

No comments: