Saturday, March 22, 2008

Nerve wracking

So when is it acceptable to meet the parents? Because I'm not sure I'm so good at this girlfriend thing. Tongue-tied, slightly sweaty, trying to be clever and charming without looking like as though I'm trying too hard... it was all very difficult.

I adore JP, but I adore him even more after seeing the way that he interacts with his family. They all seem very close. No wonder he wants to move back out to the Midwest. I wonder if we'll make it...

At times I look at him and think it might be nice to fall in love with him. And then there are times when I realize how different we are. I wonder what his parents thought of me. Not so much about my performance in the role of JP's girlfriend, but more in terms of someone who might be in his life for a while longer. I'm sure he wouldn't tell me the truth if they didn't think we'd last. And I suppose we wouldn't last very long if they didn't approve.

But Suk likes him, and that's a good thing bc Suki hasn't liked anyone I've dated since MF, and that was years ago. And she's a good judge of character.

No comments: